Privacy Policy for http://design-interiorgreat.blogspot.com/

If you require any more information or have any questions about our privacy policy, please feel free to contact us by email at dengkolpeyok@gmail.com.

At http://design-interiorgreat.blogspot.com/, the privacy of our visitors is of extreme importance to us. This privacy policy document outlines the types of personal information is received and collected by http://design-interiorgreat.blogspot.com/ and how it is used.

Log Files
Like many other Web sites, http://design-interiorgreat.blogspot.com/ makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user�s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.

Cookies and Web Beacons
http://design-interiorgreat.blogspot.com/ does use cookies to store information about visitors preferences, record user-specific information on which pages the user access or visit, customize Web page content based on visitors browser type or other information that the visitor sends via their browser.

DoubleClick DART Cookie

.:: Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on http://design-interiorgreat.blogspot.com/.
.:: Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to your users based on their visit to http://design-interiorgreat.blogspot.com/ and other sites on the Internet.
.:: Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy at the following URL - http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html

Some of our advertising partners may use cookies and web beacons on our site. Our advertising partners include .......
Google Adsense
Commission Junction
Widget Bucks
Adbrite
Clickbank
Azoogle
Chitika
Linkshare
Amazon
Kontera

These third-party ad servers or ad networks use technology to the advertisements and links that appear on http://design-interiorgreat.blogspot.com/ send directly to your browsers. They automatically receive your IP address when this occurs. Other technologies ( such as cookies, JavaScript, or Web Beacons ) may also be used by the third-party ad networks to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements and / or to personalize the advertising content that you see.

http://design-interiorgreat.blogspot.com/ has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.

You should consult the respective privacy policies of these third-party ad servers for more detailed information on their practices as well as for instructions about how to opt-out of certain practices. http://design-interiorgreat.blogspot.com/'s privacy policy does not apply to, and we cannot control the activities of, such other advertisers or web sites.

If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers' respective websites.

Shop Like a Design Blogger: Emily A. Clark


Today's guest blogger is Emily from the eponymous blog Emily A. Clark. I came across Emily's blog a few months ago and I've been hooked ever since. If you're looking for some great low cost/high style DIY ideas that look anything but DIY, then Emily's blog should be your go-to resource.

* * *

I'm happy to participate in Averill's "Shop Like a Design Blogger" series, and since a big part of my design business consists of creating rooms for online clients, I am always looking for reliable, budget-friendly sources that are accessible to everyone. I am also a firm believer that you can achieve a high-end look on a tight budget if you're willing to be patient, look and use a little creativity. While my sources may seem rather practical, it's all about how you use the pieces in your home.

1. Craigslist. If you read my blog, you'll know that Craigslist is my #1 go-to for great furniture finds. While you do have to be willing to search, some wonderful pieces are out there for a fraction of what you would pay elsewhere. Some of my best scores for my own home include this almost new sofa for $150 (as well as the huge original canvas art for $125!):


I also refinished these bookcases for our family room that I picked up for $20 each:


2. Consignment shops/furniture warehouses/yard sales. Along the same lines of Craigslist, I believe unique pieces are worth getting out there and looking for. While I'm shopping, I am always thinking "what color can this piece be painted?" or "how could I use it in another way?" By thinking outside the box, you may score a wonderful piece that others have passed up. I found this campaign-style dresser (originally painted in a dull gray) for $40 and brightened it up with a kelly green. I now use it in my office for storage.


3. Mary Jo's Fabric. I am lucky enough to live within 10 minutes of this 32,000 square feet mecca that has every fabric you can imagine (and at very reasonable prices). They also offer a selection of fabrics for sale online. I recently picked up this bright floral there for $12/yard:


4. Overstock.com. With its frequently changing inventory and extremely low shipping, Overstock is a regular source for me as I search for pieces for online clients. Some of my current favorites:








5. Ross Dress For Less. While I like HomeGoods and TJMaxx as much as the next person, I have come across some surprising finds in the home section at Ross, as well--and usually for even less then the other chain home decor stores. This is where I look for the trendier pieces, ceramic pottery, and a few weeks ago, I spotted 5 x 7 seagrass rugs for $35.


6. Etsy. While you can find just about anything on Etsy, I especially love to search for art. If I'm working on a wall gallery, I like to search for notecard sets to frame. I used these from Etsy seller Matou en Peluche for my bedroom:


7. IKEA. While it sometimes gets a bad wrap in the design world, I still say IKEA is one of the best sources for inexpensive, basic pieces like pillows, frames, and curtains. My general rule of thumb when shopping there is to buy only those items that aren't IKEA-specific. Instead, I like to buy the items that can easily blend into your decor and mix with more expensive pieces. I used their $3.99 throw over my chair and their 98" grommet panels as a neutral back drop in my family room:


Averill, many thanks for allowing me to participate in such a fun series!

Next Week's Guest Blogger: Skyla of Sanity Fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive