Privacy Policy for http://design-interiorgreat.blogspot.com/

If you require any more information or have any questions about our privacy policy, please feel free to contact us by email at dengkolpeyok@gmail.com.

At http://design-interiorgreat.blogspot.com/, the privacy of our visitors is of extreme importance to us. This privacy policy document outlines the types of personal information is received and collected by http://design-interiorgreat.blogspot.com/ and how it is used.

Log Files
Like many other Web sites, http://design-interiorgreat.blogspot.com/ makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user�s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.

Cookies and Web Beacons
http://design-interiorgreat.blogspot.com/ does use cookies to store information about visitors preferences, record user-specific information on which pages the user access or visit, customize Web page content based on visitors browser type or other information that the visitor sends via their browser.

DoubleClick DART Cookie

.:: Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on http://design-interiorgreat.blogspot.com/.
.:: Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to your users based on their visit to http://design-interiorgreat.blogspot.com/ and other sites on the Internet.
.:: Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy at the following URL - http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html

Some of our advertising partners may use cookies and web beacons on our site. Our advertising partners include .......
Google Adsense
Commission Junction
Widget Bucks
Adbrite
Clickbank
Azoogle
Chitika
Linkshare
Amazon
Kontera

These third-party ad servers or ad networks use technology to the advertisements and links that appear on http://design-interiorgreat.blogspot.com/ send directly to your browsers. They automatically receive your IP address when this occurs. Other technologies ( such as cookies, JavaScript, or Web Beacons ) may also be used by the third-party ad networks to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements and / or to personalize the advertising content that you see.

http://design-interiorgreat.blogspot.com/ has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.

You should consult the respective privacy policies of these third-party ad servers for more detailed information on their practices as well as for instructions about how to opt-out of certain practices. http://design-interiorgreat.blogspot.com/'s privacy policy does not apply to, and we cannot control the activities of, such other advertisers or web sites.

If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers' respective websites.

"Second place is just the first loser" - Dale Earnhart

Update (6/17): The prospective buyer's deal fell through today (apparently, the seller decided they didn't want to move after all). Buyer and her parents are coming back tomorrow to give our house a fresh look. Wish us luck!

I've tried to keep my personal trials and tribulations on selling a house in this market off this blog -- in part because it's a bit depressing (and I aim to entertain) and in part because I'm frustrated beyond words. But today I feel compelled to break my silence; if only in the hope that getting it off my chest will make me feel better.

Today we received word that the radiologist who looked at our house on Saturday (and again yesterday) decided to go with another (more expensive) home in our neighborhood. The buyer's realtor assured us that we were "the second choice" and, should things fall through, that they'll be back. Well, I'm not going to hold my breath. This is the third time that our house has placed second in the minds of prospective buyers -- and I'm completely sick of hearing that. Telling me that just makes it that much harder because of the unshakable feeling that I came this close to getting an offer -- and making the sale. Suddenly, I find myself obsessing over figuring out which home they went for instead of mine...and then why.

The truth is, "why?" is a difficult puzzle to solve. In my day job, I negotiate contracts for the purchase and sale of energy commodities on a daily basis. These sales are logical and transparent, in part because these goods are completely fungible (after all, an electron is an electron) and the buyers and sellers are experienced and sophisticated counterparties. But in real estate, while you can attempt to quantify a house in terms of location, square footage and the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, there's a huge qualitative factor that makes setting a market price -- or explaining why one house sold faster than another -- much more difficult. To make matters worse, buyers and sellers are rarely experienced and sophisticated parties. People tend to price a house or buy a house more emotionally than rationally. Sure, I can chalk up this second place finish to just personal taste (which there is no accounting for), but for someone who is used to logical market behavior, the real estate market is incredibly mysterious -- and frustrating.

In my less hysterical moments, I know that we will eventually sell our current house. After all, we've already received an offer on it (albeit one we chose not to take) and we're still getting plenty of traffic. Yet I find myself increasingly jaded and far less hopefully than I was earlier this spring when we first put the house up for sale. In conversation with friends and family, I've often compared selling a house to dating and I believe the metaphor is still apt. Now I remember exactly why I was completely sick of dating by the time I met my husband. It's exhausting.

P.S. - While I would welcome reassurance, please don't tell me that I'm sure to sell soon or how great my house is, etc. It's rather like the long-suffering single bridesmaid being told by all her married girlfriends that "you're next!" or "the right guy just hasn't come along yet!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive